Skip to main content

KIS #5 and Tuesday Throwdown

The German KIS challenge has Frame as a theme, and so does the Tuesday Throwdown challenge. 
A while ago I attended a fabulous class by Fred Mullett and got myself that cool octopus stamp. I thought it pairs well with the framed octopus. I inked it with a multicolored ink pad and I masked the framed octopus stamp. I then inked the upper and left margin of a white card, since I did not have a matching background paper and glued the octopus onto it. No sentiment - it already has one in Japanese - maybe somebody knows, what it says - let me know, that would be interesting!



I hope you like it! Looking forward to your comments ;)


Comments

Barbara said…
It says: I'd like to be
Under the sea
In an octopus' garden
In the shade.
Well no, just kidding. I like the pairing of the two stamps. Pretty cool card.
Carolin said…
I love how you inked up the stamps with that shading, that's gorgeous!
Hm, would be really interesting to know what the semtiment means ;)
Thanks for joining us at KEEP IT SIMPLE!,
smiles, Mia
scrapkat said…
Love these colorful octopuses :D

Greetings scrapkat
Rosmarie said…
Na dann hoffen wir mal dass es keine Schimpfwörter oder so was ähnliches sind! *gg*
Diese Farbabstufung macht sich ganz toll und der Japanische Stil gefällt mir ausgezeichnet.

じゃあね
Liebe Gürüße
Rosi
Anni said…
Hallo Cornelia,
was für eine außergewöhnliche Karte! Mir gefällt der Farbverlauf in deinen Kraken und das asiatische Thema!
Vielen Dank, dass du bei KEEP IT SIMPLE mitgemacht hast!
Anni
Christine said…
Hallo Cornelia,

Anni hat recht - der Farbverlauf ist super! Mein Hingucker ist aber der pinke Rand, den man nur auf zwei Seiten sieht. Diese Anordnung sieht man selten und ich mag das sehr! Ich kann mit solchen Gestaltungselementen irgendwie nicht so gut umgehen.
Danke für's mitmachen bei keep it simple, ich hoffe, Du bist auch nächstes mal wieder dabei!
Christine
Gabi MeWi said…
Mal etwas Anderes und wunderschön.

Popular posts from this blog

So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, Welcome to the So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop where funny and humorous Christmas cards take over! I am hopping along with Justine’s 12 Days of Christmas Series. If you haven’t checked it out yet, click here . Justine has been busy creating a dozen Christmas Card video tutorials to inspire you this holiday, and best of all there are prizes to be won every day. All you have to do to be eligible to win a $25 gift certificate is comment on each of the blogs! Good luck! We will pick two winners on November 9th! Here are my cards: For my first card I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder and embossed dark grey card stock. The cool deer I colored with Inktense pencils and fuzzy cut it. I stamped the Cool Yule sentiment onto aqua card stock and added white gel pen accents. Mounted everything onto a white card base. For my second card I used patterned paper as background. Added the die cuts (Santa and moose from Dixie Crafts, Winter Landscape die from Cut...

Topflight Stamps 4th Birthday

   Hi Everyone, It's  Topflight Stamps   4th birthday !  In order to celebrate, I’ve teamed up with some great designers to showcase birthday cards using the unique products available at Topflight Stamps. Please hop along with us and see all the beautiful talent from this group of amazing designers! You should have arrived here from the wonderfully talented  Jennie Atkinson blog. If not, no worries, catch the details below.  Of course a birthday card was in order. I made a gel press background with Fresco Chalk Paints (Aquamarine, Banana and Slimed). I used the cute set Party 2 from Craft Emotions and colored the critters with watercolors and markers. Fuzzy cut them and added them to my card. The sentiment is from Darkroom Door. Use code  F UNSTAMPING   to get 12% discount at  Topflight Stamps Follow along here and if you get lost you can always start at the Topflight Stamp Blog. Topflight Stamps Topflight Stamps Lisa Hoel Jennie Atk...

Coffee Lover Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, its Coffee Lovers blog hop time again - the theme is summer and coffee, of course! STAMPlorations is one of the sponsors and Shery (the owner) has fabulous coffee stamps in her shop! Time to ink them up! Used Kraft card stock and stenciled the coffee cup. Took the paper cup stamp and stamped it repeatedly over the stenciled cup and masked it. Colored them in rainbow colors - that's where summer comes in - most rainbows you are going to see during summer. Added the sentiment. My supplies:           Gone Postal , Bunnies 'N Beans , Latte Linking up with: Virginia's view - all about color One Layer Simplicity challenge - stencil   Happy Hopping!