JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Moody Blues



I discovered this crafts 4 eternity challenge recently and really liked their inspiration picture. I thought I will use those colors in an idea I recently had. I got those letter stencils at Michaels and wanted to make word cards with them in different colors just with sponging. That can be used for any season or just as a background - all those possibilities swirling around in my head.....

 I am not totally happy with the fonts that were available, but they were cheap enough that nothing much is lost.....

At CASology this week's theme is WINTER, so I am also submitting this card to this challenge.

Here is the card I made. The colors are the closest I could find in my stash for the color challenge:




The snowflakes are from Inkadinkadoo and I put Stickles on the small ones to add some sparkle.



AHH and since its winter I thought I show you some pictures from my Christmas vacation in Ithaca. It was sooo pretty there. I wish we had some snow here.













8 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Cornelia, what a clever idea to use stencil letters! I have them (also from Michael's) but it never occurred to me! What pretty blues, and I love the various snowflakes, too. I'm a Jersey Girl, too...and I would love to see some snow! Glad you saw such beautiful scenes in Ithaca, what lovely photos you took there! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASology this week!

Maureen Merritt said...

Wow, this is stunning and so clever! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Daen'Ys said...

Hi Conni

deine Karte ist mal wieder ein richtiger Hingucker und eine superschöne Umsetzung der Farbchallenge!

Ich kann dich verstehen das dir der Schnee fehlt. Ich mag auch gerne Schneelandschaften aber auf der Strasse ist er mir ein Gräuel!
Das sind wirklich herrliche Winterszenen, die du ganz toll eingefangen hast.

LG Rosi

Tracey McNeely said...

What a beautiful card and those photos are stunning. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

joy said...

Gorgeous! Love those pretty blues and the photos you took are just breathtaking!

Ardyth said...

I love that card - what a great use of those big letters and wonderful, chilly blues!Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week! (and what beautiful photos - they show how beautiful winter really can be!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This card is so lovely and just right for our challenge. Awesome pictures of your vacation too. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafts 4 Eternity.

Hugs
Cathy DT
xxxxx

pcm said...

cornelia, these pictures are fantastic!