JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Friday, January 18, 2013

ABC12 ~ An Inspiration Challenge


All Beautiful Cards has this amazing inspiration photo for this weeks challenge:
I just fell in love with that cardinal  - this pop of red among those snowy branches



So I made this card with my new Penny Black " all you need..." stamp set. I first stamped it in light grey and clear embossed it. Then I stamped over the image in black using a slight off-set. I then masked the bootm with a post it note and sponged a little grey around the branches. The heart is made with a corner punch from  Fiskars. 



--X--

AND NOW:
retro sketches : a challenge

And here is my card for the Retrosketches #46 challenge:



I just turned the sketch around - why not ...... The stamps are Hero Arts Silhouette Fern (K5314) and Alpine Fern (C3637). I inked htem up with Versamark and clear embossed them.  The sentiment is Papertrey - Mixed Messages, used a small leaf punch from a company that does not like to put their name on their products....

9 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) A•Muse Consultant #1065 said...

Very creative! Lovely use of white space!

Thank you for participating in the photo inspiration challenge at ABC Challenges this week!

Jen said...

These are both so beautiful! The shadow effect on the first card is so pretty and the embossed leaf on the second is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at retro sketches!

Daen'Ys said...

Das tolle Bild hast du super umgesetzt. Durch das Schattenspiel, hast du eine wunderbare Tiefe ins Bild gebracht und das kleine rote Herzerl ist am rechten Fleck!

Die zweite Karte gefällt mir auch sehr gut. Das harmonische Farbspiel und der schöne, saubere CAS Stil sind perfekt!!

Patrice said...

Great card...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-23.html?m=1

Jackie said...

Very nice! Thanks so much for playing along with us @ ABC Challenges this week!

Danielle Vincent said...

Gorgeous card and a wonderful take on our photo inspiration challenge this week at 'ABC' Challenges. That little touch of red from the heart is awesome. Thanks for joining us this week.

Lela said...

You did great with the photo inspiration, it's very pretty card. I like the little added red heart. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge Blog this week

Rosie Gustafson said...

Love your stamping technique. It is very pretty. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenges this week. Xx Rosie

Kanan Pandya said...

Love both your cards, Cornelia. They are so perfect for the challenges and love the different techniques you have used. :-)