JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Friday, May 17, 2013

Vermont, a Card and 2 New Members!

I can say HELLO to two new members!

Ryn Tanaka -
 the creator of many beautiful stamps the most famous of which is the waterdroplet stamp, that I have shown on this blog several times...

and

Claire -
who is with me part of the Simply Create Too design team and creates beautiful shabby chic cards.



Here are my welcome pictures for you - the photo above is a collage made from glass blowers molds and the picutre below is taken in Quechee, VT. The building on the side is the famous Simon Pierce glass blowing workshop, powered by the Ottauquechee River. The molds are exhibited inside. 



I really enjoyed Vermont and I made a Thank You card for my friend with whom I drove up there. On our last day we did a short hike and walked by some birch trees. I took some of the bark with me - ironed it at home and made this card from it. she noticed that it almost has the shape of Vermont - put sideways. 



The bird and branches are Memory Box dies, the sentiment is Hero Arts Fancy Script Messages, the butterfly a Martha Stewart punch.

5 comments:

Shoshi said...

Great card - love the background! Love your photos too. Waving hi to Ryn - her stamps are gorgeous, aren't they.

Thanks for visiting my blog, and for your lovely comment. Come back soon as I will be uploading some more photos - the building and architecture ones, and the wonderful textiles, are must-see!

Shoshi

Jutta said...

I love this card Cornelia! That little red bird is so sweet. I like how you've made the branches and your choice of paper too.

Daen'Ys said...

Das mit dem Stück Birkenrinde muß ich mir merken ;) Eine prima Idee, dich mit so einer originellen Karte zu bedanken.
Die Collage finde ich genial!! ...und ich liebe Wasserfälle! Das war bestimmt ein tolles Wochenende...

Marybeth said...

Beautiful photos…wow! Oh my gosh I cant get over your gorgeous birch card! Amazing and so very creative!

Ryn Tanaka said...

Thanks so much for the personalized welcome Cornelia! A pleasure to have your blong on my reading list. Good incentive to get around to reading it more often. hehe, aw that was cute of Shoshi - waving "hi" back :)