JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Make it Monday combined with Pinspired #9

I spent the weekend in Vermont - so no card making possible and then I forgot my camera in my friend's car on the way back home - how awful! So I made this card for the Make it Monday, but could not photograph it until today when I went there to pick it up.

The challenge was to add texture to stamps. Betsy Veldman had used a comb to achieve a cool effect on her stamps. I though about several things - mainly items from my kitchen, such as a fork - too similar to a comb, a sieve - too cumbersome to clean up and the curved surface probably not great and so n and so forth. Finally I cam up with using rubber band on one of my son's old building blocks:





I used the Papertrey Modern Basics set - kissed the stamp with the rubber band block, added the sentiment, a little gem in the center and voila' - its done!





I like the effect - I think this rubber band block will stay permanently in my card room!

In addition I will add this card to the Pinspired #9 challenge - the inspiration photo is below




14 comments:

Kathryn A said...

This is great!! I'll have to try this, too-- it's a great idea :) I love the CAS style of this card!

Helen F. said...

This is a great card and fun idea, thanks for 'another' twist on this technique

Kelly Griglione said...

Holy cow, what a great effect this gives! And of course, right, it's RUBBER after all! Fantastic idea.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

What a great idea with beautiful results! Great CAS style design. Thanks for stopping in at my blog, Shirleyx

LINDA M said...

Great texture. I love the subtle look on the image. Really super CAS card.

Lalo said...

That is super cool and creative. I like how you incorporated this weeks PINspired Challenge photo into the mix. Really pretty :)
Side note: My littles have those old blocks and love them!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card and I really love what you did for your texture, so clever and so creative.

Annette said...

what a gorgeous card.. thanks for joining us at Pinspired Challenges..

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the rubber band idea! The effect is terrific and I love the color palette you have used - perfect CAS card!

maria f. said...

Great idea!

Laura Jane said...

LOVE this idea!!

Daen'Ys said...

Von ganz einfachen Ideen, kommen oft die größten Erfolge!!
Ein super Beispiel, wie man mit Hilfe von einfachen Gummiringen einen wahrhaft genialen Effekt erziehlen kann!! Ich bin sehr beeindruckt!

Danke für deine lieben Zeilen, hat mich wieder sehr gerfeut. Du scheinst ein wunderbares Wochenende gehabt zu haben... :)

LG Rosi

bjmartin said...

Good idea and the texture came out great! Love the design and colors of the card too!

{Chrissie} said...

Wow, this is SO creative! I love how you added the texture!

Thanks for playing along with Pinspired Challenges!