JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Monday, May 6, 2013

Make It Monday #115

At Make it Monday is the theme "Beyond paper with impression plates". So I though long and hard what to make....... And that is the result:


I am not really happy with it - may be because it is not my style at all. I used the harlequin impression plate from Papertrey, partially die cut it and partially embossed it. I used the little cut out to make the flower and a put some glitzti embellishment on it.


I used metal foil - one side is silver and one side is gold. Part of the diamond I stamped with the Happy Harlequin stamp set. Some how I think this card looks like a tin can.


Maybe I try again tomorrow - it can only get better from here.......

7 comments:

Kathryn A said...

I think this is a difficult challenge, too, but I love the touch of gold on yours!

alexandra s.m. said...

This is really pretty and unique...makes me think of an artdéco piece.

TFS~

Marcia said...

You're being too hard on yourself...I think it turned out great! I love the two tone with the silver and gold and how deeply the impression came out so you can really see it. Nicely done! :0)

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

Ya know, it's not my style card either but I still think it's an awesome card! I love that you partially embossed it too. Have fun playing some more, I hope to as well!

Cathy said...

I really like your card. I agree with Alexandra's comment. As a card it's unique, and it's a beautiful piece of decorative art. The design is fantastic :) Cathy x

Jacki Daniels said...

you're being to hard on yourself it's beautiful (oohh just seen another comment saying the same) I think it's turned out great we are opur own worst critics sometimes
Jacki xx
Nice to meet you

Daen'Ys said...

Also ich finde sie eigentlich ganz OK! Was mich ein bisschen stören würde, ist der untere Teil der Karte. Für meinen Geschmack ist da zu viel Silber aber das nur meine bescheidene Meinung.
Das Muster selber finde ich sehr schön und auf der weißen Karte kommt es sehr gut zur Geltung.