JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Friday, April 5, 2013

RIC #33 and hello to many new members


First I want to give a warm welcome to all my new members! I am so happy you joined my blog. Thank you so much.

Andrea (Die Kreative)

And as usually I have a welcome picture for my new blog members:


The artist is Nathan Sawaya, who is a New York-based artist who builds three-dimensional sculptures and mosaics from popular everyday items and is best known for his work with LEGO bricks. Two years ago there was an exhibit in a small museum nearby, which was just fabulous! Perhaps I'll show more of his works  in future posts...

--X--

But now, back to card making....


Here is the inspiration photo for the RIC #33

                                                                       

And here is my take on it. I tried to incorporate the background and the outfit into one card. Since the background has some subtle pinks and blueish grays on it I put some splatters of similar colors over the card and stamped the sentiment on grey cardstock. The little black bow is represented by the black strip.

I am also entering this card into the Simon says challenge - Happy Birthday





Materials: Hero Arts Heart Felt Messages (Cl150), Stampin' up background stamp, memory box pearls

8 comments:

joy said...

Way cool! Love the splatters of pink. Great card.

Kim Heggins said...

This is fabulous!!! I love your inspiration piece too, you are amazing.

Virginia L. said...

Love the graphic and modern vibe, Cornelia! The splatter adds a fun element to the design, too! I know about Nathan's Lego artwork and had checked out his website once in a while as my family are huge Lego fans ( only if you see my basement...). I'd love to see more of his Lego pics, please! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

Barb Murphy said...

I adore this...the graphic, geometric background, yellow touches and that mist of pink...perfect!

Nithya Sakthirajan said...

Wow.. Thats sweet of you to post a welcome message. :-)
I am just getting used to the other features of blogging, other than posting..
I am a new entrant into the papercrafting universe.
This is my blog, capturing my journey -
http://myothercupofjava.blogspot.com/

Nithya Sakthirajan said...

Forgot to add, thanks for sharing the wonderful creation by Nathan Sawaya. My 5 year old, is a ardent lego addict I should say, and he liked it very much.

Kanan Pandya said...

Love the trendy design, Cornelia. I have seen the inspiration picture and I am still thinking what to make. Love your card, great take on the challenge. :-)

cheiron said...

Love the design and the splash of pink...fun card. Thank you for playing along with the HAPPY BIRTHDAY Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!