JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Monday, April 29, 2013

Make It Monday #114: Blown Ink

I just had time to watch the Make it Monday video at Nichole Heady's blog. Dawn McVey shares a technique that I remember from my childhood when we had fountain pens and blew the ink around on paper.  I guess good things never die... 



I experimented a bit. My regular card stock that I use did not really work well - it just soaked up the ink. I took some glossy paper then - nothing fancy, just some advertisement that had a white back, dripped a drop of ink on it and blew with a straw. On glossy paper you can get real detail and it looks quite cool, I think. The sentiment is from one of my favorite Papertrey sets called Happy Trails, the bird I die cut from a paint chip - its from Memory Box, called perched Reed Bird. I gave it a little enamel eye and beak.

15 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Very pretty. Love how you paired the sentiment with that bird.

Helen F. said...

This is just stunning! I love the rich blue color ink on the white. The bird is sweet too :)

maria f. said...

Uber-cool! Love how you went monochromatic with your design and I agree that Happy Trails is a keeper!

Luanne said...

Cute idea! Love how you put the sentiment in between the blown ink and the addition of the birdie!

Linda said...

Love how your card turned out. Really lovely.

artful-notions said...

It does look like branches of a tree! Great split to showcase a lovely sentiment! Beautiful in blue and white.

Wendy McCarthy said...

This is lovely, what a beautiful shade of blue! I used the blown ink technique on a card I made a while back, it was to make a seaweed effect on an underwater scene, it's great fun isn't it?! xx

Nithya Sakthirajan said...

Ah, the days of fountain pens and ink leaks on white shirts...
The perfect blue to bring back all those memories..

Very nice card

Virginia L. said...

Beautifully done! Love the monochromatic theme, Cornelia! Your blown ink background is fabulous for the bird image!

Cathy said...

This looks really great! I love the detail/feathery parts on your ink design :) Cathy

Larissa Heskett said...

I am LOVING your Cute card!! Such a FUN take on the Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Kanan Pandya said...

Lovely technique and very beautiful effect, Cornelia. Love the ink blue against white. Beautiful card. :-)

Jutta said...

Lovely card!!

Izolda said...

Great result! I think this technique will work very good for Halloween cards.

Eva said...

Hallo Cornelia, eine geniale Idee, die muss ich wirklich ausprobieren, dankeschön! Dein Kärtchen ist ein Träumchen!!!
Herzliche Grüße, die Eva!