JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Friday, April 26, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash #16


The 10 Minute Craft Dash has 3 pretty colors this week. After I pulled out my Watercolor stamps by Hero Arts a little while ago for the scramble I though I may as well use them for the dash. 

CD_16



I knew exactly what I wanted to make and thought it would be rather quick. I masked my panel off the white card base and started sponging leisurely. Inked up my stamps with the same colors and put them over the panel, placed the sentiment and checked my stop clock - panic - only less than a minute to go - grabbed my bottle of glossy accents and tried to adhere the sequins - lost one, grabbed the next and puh.... 9 minutes and 58 seconds, just made it in the nick of time....If I would have gone over I would have just done it again - wasting less time sponging and maybe omitting the sequins. But I think it looks prettier with them. What do you think?

I am also submitting this card to the Simon Says Anything Goes challenge


Materials: Hero Arts Real Garden Petals (Cl430), sentiment: Cloud 9 design

6 comments:

canadian_liner said...

The sequins are perfect! Worth the panic at the end. I love your tone-on-tone sponging and stamping--it works really well with the three colours. I'd vote for your card this week!

jennifer said...

the sponging technique looks great! I think I will give it a try :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Very nice sponging, inking and masking. Lots of details for a 10 minute card! Definitely like the sequins : )

Kanan Pandya said...

Lovely colors, Cornelia. Love those matching sequins. :-)

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful card!! Love the sponging!! Very pretty effect!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Izolda said...

With sequins it looks prettier. And you got into the time! The card is pretty! I like the idea of stamping with the same color.