Skip to main content

Color Q combined with Colours and Sketches


Here are the two challenges - one sketch, one color challenge

                 


By pure change on one of my latest Michaels visits I bought this Washi tape and they had cork Stickers - both were on sale, of course....

I mounted the Washi tape on cardstock and cut out the bottom triangle to make it into a banner. The birthday die cut is from Papertrey and the little happy stamp is from Stampendous.

I will also submit this to the Die-cut Divas April challenge - Washi or Birthday challenge.




I am not sure which background I like better, so I kept both photos. What do you think?

Fro now I am going back into my garden - there is weeding to be done...... 





Comments

Kylie said…
This is a really beautiful take on our sketch! Gorgeous papers. Thanks so much for playing along at CC&S xx
Kelly Griglione said…
Cork and floral ... great combination! On the background, I typically prefer a white background, except when the card is mostly white. It all depends though : )
Dawn T said…
Awesome Cornelia. Thank for entering into our challenge this month at Die Cut Divas. A perfect card for the challenge.
Unknown said…
The colors in you tape are perfect..how lucky was that! Super cute card. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ.
sandie said…
I think the second background shows off your card better. Love that cork tape-really cool. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S
Brandi said…
That is some cute patterned paper! Love this clean and simple layout!
Arlene said…
Cork and floral is great. So glad you entered the Die Cut Divas' challenge this month.

Btw, I like the dark background because it makes everything sharper and brings out the details... but that's just my view. Everyone is different and there is no right or wrong. :)
Kanan Pandya said…
Hey Cornelia, hope you doing fine, I was away for few days. Love your card, great way to use washi tapes and I too like both the background. Good luck with the challenges friend. :-)
Silli said…
awww, wonderful, love the sentiment die cut... Ich wollte mir das heute kaufen...und wieder ist es out of stock...grrrrrr. Happy sunday~~~
That sure is fab washi tape! Great idea to use it for the banner. This is a great take on the sketch. Like the touch of colour in the sentiment Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours and Sketches this week

Louise xx
Wonderful! I love the mix of patterns and texture. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!
Sylvia said…
Cornelia, I love your card, that Washi tape is perfect and of course I love the cork! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ. As for time, I am always behind and always have so much to do.
Jacqueline said…
A beautiful card - love your banners. Thanks for joining in this week at CAS - Jacqueline xx
Love your card! So pretty!
Cork banner is amazing touch.
I like more the first background. It matches the cork and white card base doesn't blend with background.

Popular posts from this blog

So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, Welcome to the So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop where funny and humorous Christmas cards take over! I am hopping along with Justine’s 12 Days of Christmas Series. If you haven’t checked it out yet, click here . Justine has been busy creating a dozen Christmas Card video tutorials to inspire you this holiday, and best of all there are prizes to be won every day. All you have to do to be eligible to win a $25 gift certificate is comment on each of the blogs! Good luck! We will pick two winners on November 9th! Here are my cards: For my first card I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder and embossed dark grey card stock. The cool deer I colored with Inktense pencils and fuzzy cut it. I stamped the Cool Yule sentiment onto aqua card stock and added white gel pen accents. Mounted everything onto a white card base. For my second card I used patterned paper as background. Added the die cuts (Santa and moose from Dixie Crafts, Winter Landscape die from Cut...

Topflight Stamps 4th Birthday

   Hi Everyone, It's  Topflight Stamps   4th birthday !  In order to celebrate, I’ve teamed up with some great designers to showcase birthday cards using the unique products available at Topflight Stamps. Please hop along with us and see all the beautiful talent from this group of amazing designers! You should have arrived here from the wonderfully talented  Jennie Atkinson blog. If not, no worries, catch the details below.  Of course a birthday card was in order. I made a gel press background with Fresco Chalk Paints (Aquamarine, Banana and Slimed). I used the cute set Party 2 from Craft Emotions and colored the critters with watercolors and markers. Fuzzy cut them and added them to my card. The sentiment is from Darkroom Door. Use code  F UNSTAMPING   to get 12% discount at  Topflight Stamps Follow along here and if you get lost you can always start at the Topflight Stamp Blog. Topflight Stamps Topflight Stamps Lisa Hoel Jennie Atk...

Coffee Lover Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, its Coffee Lovers blog hop time again - the theme is summer and coffee, of course! STAMPlorations is one of the sponsors and Shery (the owner) has fabulous coffee stamps in her shop! Time to ink them up! Used Kraft card stock and stenciled the coffee cup. Took the paper cup stamp and stamped it repeatedly over the stenciled cup and masked it. Colored them in rainbow colors - that's where summer comes in - most rainbows you are going to see during summer. Added the sentiment. My supplies:           Gone Postal , Bunnies 'N Beans , Latte Linking up with: Virginia's view - all about color One Layer Simplicity challenge - stencil   Happy Hopping!