JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Monday, April 8, 2013

Black tie Friday

It's Yellow and Black this week at Black Tie Friday! I pretty much like any color with black - It always makes the colors  pop! And colors I like! Anybody who has come to my blog knows that.....



So here is my take on it: 

I made this flower from six 1 inch circles and assembled them to this rosette. I punched a 2 inch circle into the front of the card and lined up the flower rosette on the inside of the card so that it is centered. I had this chevron strip (Papertrey Zig Zag die) left over from the fusion card - I never throw anything out - you should see my stash of paper scraps - it keeps growing and growing.....And lastly I put a ready made flower into the center of the circle flower.









 
By the way - I did not come up with the circle flower idea - I learned about it last year in the Clean and Simple online class I took. There is no sentiment here - I did not think it needed one.

3 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning card! So bright and bold in the black and yellow and I agree with you, no sentiment needed. Just fabulous.

Shauna's Scraps said...

This card is super cute, I really like the description of jovial on the front and your flower is really neat. Your zig zag is a great accent. Thanks for playing with Black Tie Fridays.

Kanan Pandya said...

Lovely card, Cornelia. Love the circle flower and color combinations, great window card. :-)