JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Friday, September 6, 2013

Simply Create Too Challenge #45 Vintage


Simply Create Too's challenge is vintage. That was a true challenge for me. I guess that's why I joined a design team - to expand my card making skills...... so I struggled a bit with this one. I am just not a vintage type of gal....Although I do admire people who can do that. 

I used the  Hero Arts Just saying Hi and Hero Arts Keyboard Alphabet sets. I ripped out a page of my local phone book and used a tag. The background paper is from K&C. The phone receiver handle is attached with a little ball chain -  (kind of the mini version of a toilet chain) and as you can see, it is removable.






I am totally in love with this - especially the removable receiver... :) And I am proud of my first vintagy card, although I don't think I will add this to my repertoire....

You still have a little more than six days to play in the challenge! Come on over and motivate you kids too - there is a separate kids entry!


8 comments:

Eva said...

Hey Cornelia, die Idee, den Hörer lose, zum abnehmen, zu gestalten ist ja sensationell! Eine superschicke Karte!!!
Herzlichst, die Eva

Cathy said...

What a fabulous card Cornelia! I love the little chain on the handset, beautiful vintage card. Cathy x

Jutta said...

Interactive cards are so much fun. I love the fact that this card will work for a guy or gal! Have a nice day, TFS!
Jutta

Darnell J Knauss said...

I am totally in love with this, too, Cornelia!! What a fab interactive card!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Yep, having the receiver loose is a great idea! Nice work on the vintage theme!

sandie said...

Great vintage design, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog x

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...love that vintage phone and your cord is just perfect!

Kanan Pandya said...

Ohh what a cool vintage card, Cornelia. Love it, that removable receiver is super cool. Great card. :-)