JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Monday, September 16, 2013

KIS #22 - Water


Interesting challenge, I actually had to think about it. Create a fish scene, something wintery or rainy?  But in the end I decided to go with my favorite stamps - Ryn's water droplets. I am sure you have seen them on my blog or other peoples blogs and she was just recently featured on the Papercrafters Library.





I wet a left over strip of water color paper and sprayed it with Tim Holtz color wash and had the colors run down the paper and blend. After it had dried i sprinkled water drops on it - it shows a little bit. I then stamped the waterdroplet stamp over it, took a little bit of color off with a paintbrush and tissue paper and put highlights on them. The sentiment is from Savy stamps. 

                                                                     



16 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Beautiful card! Those water droplet stamps have been on my wishlist ever since you first made a card with them...

Flo said...

Diese Karte finde ich wunderbar!!!! Sogar sooo gut, dass ich sofort bei Rin ähnliche Stempel bestellt habe!!!
LG Flo

MichelleZ said...

Beautiful! I love that image. So realistic!

Cathy said...

Wow Cornelia, this is gorgeous. Love the blue bg and how the colour blends, so effective. The water droplets look fantastic too, Cathy x

Di said...

Really beautiful card - your water background is perfect and of course the Droplets are fabby. Love how you stamped them sideways.

I guess you could be hoping for the Bubbles stamp - unless you already have it of course :)

Hugs, Di xx

Kanan Pandya said...

Beautiful blending, Cornelia. I love when you use this water droplet stamp, it looks so real and beautiful. :-)

Debs Willis said...

Love the way you've highlighted the droplets - have to try that!
Debs x

Mary said...

Very nice card. I love how the one drop escaped and rests under your sentiment and a beautiful sentiment it is. Very Nice. Have a wonderfully crafty week!

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous, wonderful use of snippets, love how you've used your Rynn stamp here hugs Karen

MaryH said...

Hi Cornelia, just found you via Pixie's Snippet Playground, and saw that you had used the super Ryn water stamp, so needed a closer peek at this stunning card. The droplets stamp is outstanding against your lovely background. This is just a wonderful card. Just became your newest follower, so if you've time, I hope you'll visit me as well. Nice to meet you. TFS

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....just beautiful. I love the look of the water, looks so real.

The Crafty Laydee said...

Beautiful card-fabulous stamping and I just love the bubbles stamp!
Best wishes,Nessa xx

scrappymo! said...

Love this look...what a great use of the water droplet stamps! Love the escapee!

Your inked background is superb.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

I love the look of this!
Hugs
Sarn xxx

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous - love the blues and the droplets. Elizabeth xx

Daen'Ys said...

So, reibst du mir schon wieder diesen tollen Stempel unter die Nase *grins*
Immer wieder bin ich total beeindruckt von diesen Wassertropfen!! Der kleine Schriftzug an der Seite gefällt mir wieder supergut dazu!!