JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Make it Monday #132


This week we have to use layered die cuts on the Make it Monday feature by Papertrey. The talented Dawn McVey explains in a tutorial how to do that. She has some valuable tips on how to make this as easy as possible!




I used a paper swatches from Home Depot  for this card. Since it was kind of drizzly and cloudy yesterday, I opted for a sunny yellow. 


Supplies: Papertrey Rickrack border dies and Filigree Border Die, Papertrey Think Big Favorites, gems. 

I frequently use paper swatches for my cards. They have great colors and you immediately get matching colors in the same color group. On Operation Write Home Nancy talks about those swatches and you can link up your card.

Hm - I am wondering if this could be put into the Pixie's Crafty Snippets Playground, because of my use of paint swatches??? I'll let Diane decide that....

And lastly I am linking this up with the Die Cut Divas - Let's celebrate challenge

16 comments:

Kanan Pandya said...

Hey Cornelia. Love your sunny colors, beautiful design and love the fonts of sentiment. :-)

Linda said...

Very pretty CAS card...

Marybeth said...

Beautiful color and layers...Cornellia!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card....I love all the yellows, so dainty and sweet.

Helen F. said...

Oh so pretty, Cornelia! Love the bright yellow and white together.

Di said...

Gorgeous card Cornelia - and yes, of course you can use swatches. Love the sunny yellows!

Hugs, Di xx

Nancy Keller said...

Very cool! How pretty! Doesn't playing with bright shiny colors like that make any day better? Your card is certainly cheerful! Thanks for playing along with the tutorial!!

Sally H said...

Very elegant! A gorgeous snippet make

The Crafty Laydee said...

What a lovely sunny card-cheered me up this morning :)
I like how you have used the border,and the addition of the gems is pefect-lovely CAS card :)
Have a lovely wekeend,Best wishes,Nessa xx

Elizabeth said...

Another super card - love the design. Elizabeth xx

Betty Wright said...

Great effect with the different dies. Lovely card!

Martha said...

Cornelia, what an absolutely DARLING card! Fabulous design! I love how you used that die! It's one of my favorite PTI dies.

Daen'Ys said...

Sehr elegant! Die große Schrift passt wunderbar dazu!!

Arlene said...

Just love the layered swatches. Love this.

Great seeing your card at Die Cut Divas.

Virginia L. said...

SUPERB!! Love your Ombre Effect with the paint swatch! Thanks for sharing, Cornelia!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Cornelia
Fabulous card ... Brilliant idea...
Hugs Sylvie xx