JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Money holders

My nephews are both teenagers and its is quite difficult to get them something they like. So I have reverted to giving money instead. This year I made them this money holder:



So, first you need to slide over the red band  - and you see Merry Christmas  (from Papertrey - Mixed Messages) under a red, clear embossed bow from Prickly Pear)



Then you pull out the ribbon labeled "2" - playing a little word game here with Ulysses S. Grant, who adorns the $50 bill.


Once you pull ribbon labeled "3", you actually get the money. Here is a close-up. The scalloped oval is from Spellbinders, the grey oval a punch and the felt tree I picked up some years ago in Germany. The envelope is made out of patterned paper. I linked this up with the Anything goes challenge from Simon Says stamps.



2 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Wow, what a great idea - love it!

Rica said...

A fantastic money gift tag, such a great design and gorgeous colours and sweet tree.

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp challenge.