JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Tuesday Trigger - Craving Navy

Hard to imagine, but I actually don't have a navy ink pad...Blue is not a color I often use.

                                                                        

Here comes the challenge for me. I decided to cut of strips of paper - thankfully I had some navy blue paper at home.....


I mounted them on white card stock and put grey paper strips on the sides.


I used two circle punches for the sentiment. The grass and sentiment are from Annabelle Stamps. The set is
called Garden Silhouettes and I choose it a while ago as my prize for a card, which won in their challenge. I added the grass because of the flower vase in the inspiration picture.


I added sequins and tiny gems for some sparkle. I hope you like it.


Yes, I know, there is a little bot of green in there - but on one of the DT's cards there were some orange noses on the snowmen, so I guess I should be fine here.....









15 comments:

artful-notions said...

Love it! Your card hit all the buttons! Especially with the bright sequins!

Kanan Pandya said...

Hey friend, hope you doing fine and feeling better. Love your beautiful card, great take on the challenge, lovely design and details. :-)

Diane MoneyGoolsby said...

Hi, Cornelia: Just stopping by to look around--love your wonderful card--Navy is MY favorite color and I use it TOO much! I guess we 'balance out' since you said you rarely use Navy.

Love your blog,

Diane

Donna Cala said...

I love everything about your card.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a great design!

Kim Hall said...

Cornelia, you have captured the trigger perfectly, this is gorgeous!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous card - love the touch of green!

Flo said...

Hallo Cornelia,
dafür dass du kein blau hast, ist die Karte doch ziemlich blau und schön geworden.
Gratuliere dazu, Flo

Susanne Vargas said...

Perfect take on the trigger! Love everything about it!

Carol McCready said...

Great card. Perfect match for
the Tuesday Trigger.

Teresa Zuehls said...

Oh, I do love it! So pretty and you were creative in making your stripes. I love the grey on either side of the stripes and of course I love the bling! Great take on the Trigger. TFS

Gayle Wheeler said...

Such a lovely card and a great take on the TT. A fabulous entry for someone who "doesn't do" navy!!

Darnell J Knauss said...

This card is one of my favorites for the navy challenge, Cornelia! I love everything about it!!

Cath said...

Hey Cornelia! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Mandy said...

Wonderful card Cornelia, really striking & perfect for our challenge.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx