JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Saturday, March 9, 2013

RIC#31



Time again to cook up something for the runway inspired challenge #31




Such a FUN outfit - I love that cute cyclops monster on the T-shirt. I immediately thought of some on-eyed monster stamps I have, but when I looked at them none of them seemed to be a good fit. So I settled on a Toucan stamp from an old Stampin' up set that I have called "Just Beakause".


I paper pieced the toucan. I settled on the houndstooth, since I did not have black and white striped paper and I put black gems and little dots of pink Perfect Pearls on it to finish the card.

 I hope you like it - have a great weekend and thank you all for all the lovely comments you left on my blog!

7 comments:

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Such a fun card! I love the paper pieced toucan, and your thinking to substitute the houndstooth! Great card!

Gibmiss said...

Hello Cornelia
Fabulous card.... Fabulous pickie of your Daughter.... And a fabulous cake.....
Do you get your email.... Goodies on the way....
Enjoy your weekend
Hugs Sylvie xxxx

joy said...

Love your take on the inspiration photo, Cornelia! That toucan is adorable!

Kelly Griglione said...

So love the pink floral beak on your toucan, how fun is that?!? A great take on the photo ... different, yet you can also see the inspiration. Fun card!

Kanan Pandya said...

It makes me smile, Cornelia, very cute card and great take on the challenge,I thought of making card for this challenge, you inspired me now. :-)

Tasnim said...

How cute! Love the paper pieced Toucan! Thanks for joining us at the Runway Inspired challenge!

Pamela said...

The sentiment is just so cute and funny!