JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Friday, March 22, 2013

Muse and CAS-ual Fridays


I have been a member on the new Muse blog since its very beginnings and so far have not managed to create a card for it - although I have voted twice.....But now, my first entry:


Marion Vaggs card below is the inspiration card. I followed it closely with those monochromatic horizontal stripes, but I did not stamp on it. I used a TWC stencil over which I just partially sponged Versamark ink and them white embossed it. I did not want to cover the entire strip with the template - I thought that would be overpowering. The sentiment is die cut, using my old Cuttlebug alphabet dies. The sentiment is elevated with foam dots and I put a little pearl onto the "i".
Since I did not use any stamp I will also add it to the CAS-ual Fridays challenge and since its monochromatic it fits the Make my Monday challenge as well. And because its green its going into the The Die Cut Diva's challenge - Anything Green.



23 comments:

Greta said...

Well, Cornelia--your first entry is fabulous! Love this eye-catching card!

shirley-bee said...

Ooh, love this green version!

Kate said...

Oh i just love this :) Fabulous take on the muse card. Green is my favourite colour but i hardly ever use it in my cards.
Kate xx

Kristie Goulet said...

So pretty! I love the greens you chose!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the green stripes and great white embossing.

SmilynStef said...

Love those fabulous shades of green ... such a springy design.

landerson213 said...

So pretty! I love that you changed the color scheme to green for Spring. :)

Lauren
http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

Gibmiss said...

Hi Cornelia
Fabulous card..... Love the colour....no parcel yet?..... It seems ages since i sent it..... Could have hand delivered to you .....
Hugs Sylvie xxxx

Sylvia Blum said...

ohhh... this is awesome! love the strips of paper and the embossing!
Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Sylvia xx

JayBe said...

Great monochromatic card - thanx for joining us at Make my Monday.
Jan (DT) xx

Michelle Brinker-Bodley said...

Nice card! The colors are fresh and delightful!

Cyndie said...

This is lovely, I love your color choices and the flowers,okay I love everything about it!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Fabulous card! Love your take on Marion's design- so beautiful!!
Hugs, Karin

Angie Tieman said...

What beautiful cards! That green is so vibrant and stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Suzi B said...

Thank you for joining us at MMM with these fab cards
Suzi B x

Kanan Pandya said...

Wonderful take on the challenge, Cornelia. Love the shades of green, looks so pretty and fresh. Just love your card. :-)

Bethany Stellpflug said...

so very pretty! I love all the various greens! :)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Cute card, love the green! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

AJ said...

great card- smart idea to use a stencil! :) thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Daen'Ys said...

Zwei richtig schöne und peppige Farben!! Die machen sofort gute Laune her!
Beide Karten gefallen mir sehr gut aber die blaue noch ein klein bisschen besser.

LG Rosi

paula laird said...

Wow what a wonderful card. I really like all the different techniques you have used on this gorgeous card. Thank you for playing along with us at Die Cut Divas.

Dawn Turley said...

very pretty Cornelia. Thanks for playing with us at Die Cut Divas

Fliss said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in with our MMM challenge.
Fliss x