Skip to main content

Less is more and Paper Players #133

I thought long and hard about the "Up in the Air" challenge at Less is more and really did not have any ideas. I did not want to repeat airplanes, birds or butterflies or anything else that is quite obvious. And finally I thought I would use this fun tightrope walker stamp. It is really not my original idea, I just played with it, using a card my sister made a little while ago, that I have posted on my blog here. 


The tightrope walker is from Stampsmith, the skyline I have no idea. The sentiment is computer created and the sky is patterned paper. I used hemp cord for the tightrope.

--X--

Not much time left, to play in this weeks Paper Players challenge - I thought I'll miss it, but I lucked out this time. I made the card a couple of days ago and then things got really busy and I never got around photographing it. I was not even sure if I should show it in public. Not one of my better cards. Neither bows nor buttons are my thing - I think it shows. It won't be a winner, but most cards are not anyhow. So who cares, here it is:




The dies are Lifestyle Crafts, the sentiment is Papertrey.

Comments

Deine Karten sind einfach der Kracher!
GLG,
Mel
Nicole said…
I love you're card with the tightrope walker !!! Great !!

greets from Zürich
Nicole
Brandi said…
These cards are amazing! I've never seen one so original as the balancing act one! Adorable!
Jen Nelson said…
what a fabulous idea!!

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"
jaydee said…
Super cute. I love that big bow and the creative use of the buttons with the sentiment tags. The rubber ducks are the perfect finishing touch for a totally fun baby card. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jyadee
stampwithsandy said…
Just adorable! I love the little ducks and sentiment, and you even used the color scheme and images from the challenge picture. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!
Kanan Pandya said…
Hey Cornelia, Love both your cards,you always make something unique,I love the background pp and both the stamps, very clever and creative. Also I love the other card too, super cute and all the details are great,indeed AWESOME card. :-)
Chrissie said…
Absolutely brilliant!
Many apologies for my tardiness in visiting this time, but I've been away all week!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Wow! I saw thic card on the challenge up in the air, and was in love at first glance!

This one of the most STAND OUT from the crowd cards I have seen in along time, awesome.

-Kimberly

PS I read Paper Piecing (LIM) and almost posted a pieced card too, so hey I am in your boat there! ha.
Wida said…
That tight rope card is so crazy magnificent!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, Welcome to the So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop where funny and humorous Christmas cards take over! I am hopping along with Justine’s 12 Days of Christmas Series. If you haven’t checked it out yet, click here . Justine has been busy creating a dozen Christmas Card video tutorials to inspire you this holiday, and best of all there are prizes to be won every day. All you have to do to be eligible to win a $25 gift certificate is comment on each of the blogs! Good luck! We will pick two winners on November 9th! Here are my cards: For my first card I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder and embossed dark grey card stock. The cool deer I colored with Inktense pencils and fuzzy cut it. I stamped the Cool Yule sentiment onto aqua card stock and added white gel pen accents. Mounted everything onto a white card base. For my second card I used patterned paper as background. Added the die cuts (Santa and moose from Dixie Crafts, Winter Landscape die from Cut...

Topflight Stamps 4th Birthday

   Hi Everyone, It's  Topflight Stamps   4th birthday !  In order to celebrate, I’ve teamed up with some great designers to showcase birthday cards using the unique products available at Topflight Stamps. Please hop along with us and see all the beautiful talent from this group of amazing designers! You should have arrived here from the wonderfully talented  Jennie Atkinson blog. If not, no worries, catch the details below.  Of course a birthday card was in order. I made a gel press background with Fresco Chalk Paints (Aquamarine, Banana and Slimed). I used the cute set Party 2 from Craft Emotions and colored the critters with watercolors and markers. Fuzzy cut them and added them to my card. The sentiment is from Darkroom Door. Use code  F UNSTAMPING   to get 12% discount at  Topflight Stamps Follow along here and if you get lost you can always start at the Topflight Stamp Blog. Topflight Stamps Topflight Stamps Lisa Hoel Jennie Atk...

Coffee Lover Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, its Coffee Lovers blog hop time again - the theme is summer and coffee, of course! STAMPlorations is one of the sponsors and Shery (the owner) has fabulous coffee stamps in her shop! Time to ink them up! Used Kraft card stock and stenciled the coffee cup. Took the paper cup stamp and stamped it repeatedly over the stenciled cup and masked it. Colored them in rainbow colors - that's where summer comes in - most rainbows you are going to see during summer. Added the sentiment. My supplies:           Gone Postal , Bunnies 'N Beans , Latte Linking up with: Virginia's view - all about color One Layer Simplicity challenge - stencil   Happy Hopping!