JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Monday, February 25, 2013

OLW# 128 - Feminine Birthday Card

I just got my latest order of Papertrey stamps and dies. This set is from their new release and I had to have it. Dawn McVey made this beautiful card with that set - she was the main reason I bought it. I tried her technique (CASEd it....) and I actually like the result of it. My card is kind of similar to hers.....Originally I wanted to make the blossoms blue, but since the challenge is about feminine cards I opted for red. Not sure why - Heather Telford made a blue card....Perhaps later I
ll make a blue version.




I am submitting this to the OLW challenge.
Materials: Papertrey - Cutting Garden,  Hero Arts Heart Felt Messages (Cl150), Hero Arts April (Cl051), Distress Inks

7 comments:

Kanan Pandya said...

This is so artistic, Cornelia. Great placement of sentiment and love the watercolor effect, the flowers and background looks stunning. All the very best for the challenge.:-)

Angela said...

I absolutely LOVE the result of the technique for your card! Just beautiful!

Gibmiss said...

Hello
Gorgeous card.... Very stylish... Thanks for telling me i had won at the Paper Players......
I am your new follower....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is a stunning card. I gasped at the loveliness and so ethereal quality of the lightness space. Great!

PS thanks for popping by my blog.

I will be a new follower too...
Awesomeness!

Heather T said...

This is a beautiful card, Cornelia. I love the soft look of watercolour and the colours you chose are stunning.

Sue said...

Beautiful card! Love those stamps xx

Karen said...

gorgeous card....love the watercolour effect....