Skip to main content

Casual Friday with Snippets

It has been ages that I played in the CASual Friday challenge - time to get back into it! I made this card "on commission" and there were very specific requirements about the colors and the scripture in front. It was kind of difficult...I thought the colors are Halloweenish and the scripture text does not really match. So I took a deep breath and approached it like I would any challenge and I actually really like the result of it.
 
 
 
I used a Sizzix Embossing Folder. The stars are cut from glitter paper with Simon Says dies. I printed the scripture text on my printer and went around the sides with blue ink to make it stand out better. Some silver thread to bring it all together. 
 
 
--X--
 
As you can see below I made a whole bunch of them - but the one for the challenge has only
8 stars....
 
 
 
 I am also entering those cards into the Simon Says Wednesday challenge - Anything goes
and the Snippets playground - use a snippet

Comments

Mrs A. said…
These look super. Very classy and a lovely CAS style. Hugs Mrs A.
Ardyth said…
Love this fun, bright, sparkly clean design!
I love the stars Cornelia! The cards turned out great given the odd requests -- I could totally see this as a non-Christmas card -- maybe a You did it! type card.
Di said…
Very stylish Cornelia! What a great EF and those stars sure sparkle - lovely cards!

Hugs, Di xx
Alice said…
love those glittery stars! beautiful set of cards! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!
scrappymo! said…
Very nice cards...you are managing to make sets...you smart girl!

Love the fun, sparking stars.
Emily Leiphart said…
Beautiful cards, Cornelia! I love the embossed background and glittery stars. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!
Jean said…
I love the style of these cards and the stars are so lovely and bright and sparkly. Great embossing folder too.
Jean x
Sarn said…
LOVE these schparkly starry cards with the embossing too! Great snippets makes.

Hugs
Sarn x
Jocelyn Olson said…
These are so much fun! I love, love the glittery stars. Great design--I love how the stars splash across the card. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Kelly Griglione said…
Wow, what a wonderful energy you created with the embossed lines and silver thread. Love them all, Cornelia. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!
Wida said…
I was going to write fabulous on my comment and then I scrolled down and saw the whole lot of them and so now i am going to write FABULOUS!!! thanks for playing CFC!

Popular posts from this blog

So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, Welcome to the So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop where funny and humorous Christmas cards take over! I am hopping along with Justine’s 12 Days of Christmas Series. If you haven’t checked it out yet, click here . Justine has been busy creating a dozen Christmas Card video tutorials to inspire you this holiday, and best of all there are prizes to be won every day. All you have to do to be eligible to win a $25 gift certificate is comment on each of the blogs! Good luck! We will pick two winners on November 9th! Here are my cards: For my first card I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder and embossed dark grey card stock. The cool deer I colored with Inktense pencils and fuzzy cut it. I stamped the Cool Yule sentiment onto aqua card stock and added white gel pen accents. Mounted everything onto a white card base. For my second card I used patterned paper as background. Added the die cuts (Santa and moose from Dixie Crafts, Winter Landscape die from Cut...

Topflight Stamps 4th Birthday

   Hi Everyone, It's  Topflight Stamps   4th birthday !  In order to celebrate, I’ve teamed up with some great designers to showcase birthday cards using the unique products available at Topflight Stamps. Please hop along with us and see all the beautiful talent from this group of amazing designers! You should have arrived here from the wonderfully talented  Jennie Atkinson blog. If not, no worries, catch the details below.  Of course a birthday card was in order. I made a gel press background with Fresco Chalk Paints (Aquamarine, Banana and Slimed). I used the cute set Party 2 from Craft Emotions and colored the critters with watercolors and markers. Fuzzy cut them and added them to my card. The sentiment is from Darkroom Door. Use code  F UNSTAMPING   to get 12% discount at  Topflight Stamps Follow along here and if you get lost you can always start at the Topflight Stamp Blog. Topflight Stamps Topflight Stamps Lisa Hoel Jennie Atk...

Coffee Lover Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, its Coffee Lovers blog hop time again - the theme is summer and coffee, of course! STAMPlorations is one of the sponsors and Shery (the owner) has fabulous coffee stamps in her shop! Time to ink them up! Used Kraft card stock and stenciled the coffee cup. Took the paper cup stamp and stamped it repeatedly over the stenciled cup and masked it. Colored them in rainbow colors - that's where summer comes in - most rainbows you are going to see during summer. Added the sentiment. My supplies:           Gone Postal , Bunnies 'N Beans , Latte Linking up with: Virginia's view - all about color One Layer Simplicity challenge - stencil   Happy Hopping!