JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Make it Monday #147

I dabbled around to come up with something for this weeks Make it Monday. Betsy Feldman inspires us to create multi-layer images form a single stamp. I struggled a bit with the subject, since I don't have any PTI stamps that lend themselves easily to this technique. Again, I had to improvise - as I often do for Make it Monday. I pulled out the little flower stamp set from the signature series  - one of those sets I have in my stash now for who-knows-how-long and never used....Not sure why, its so pretty!



I inked up the flower with my Kaleidocolor inkpad, stamped it 3 times and fuzzy cut it. I embossed a strip with the PTI Woodgrain embossing plate, colored the edge with Copics, to give it more definition and mounted the flowers with different  height foam tape. The sentiment isfrom the same stamp set. Added some Memory Box pearls.

I am also adding this card to Keep it Simple - Anything goes
Snippets Playground - used Snippets for the flowers and the embossed strip
Less is More - Blue tones
Bizzy Becs challenge - Anything Goes
 Oozak - Blue tones

Simon Says  - use something new
CASual Fridays - in a word



Thanks everybody for visiting and for your lovely comments!

19 comments:

Tonya Jastad said...

I love the colors on the stars! Great job!

Emily Leiphart said...

So pretty, Cornelia! I love the shades of blue on each flower. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Something New!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ooh Cornelia, what a great job you have done!!

I love it , would make a great Christmas card too if done in gold embossing or such..Shaz in Oz.x

Kim Heggins said...

You rocked this one girl...I love it and your colors, stunning!

Jules Bettinson said...

Really nice card . Love the strong blue colour flowers, really pretty!

Sylvia Blum said...

Great card! I like the ombre look on your flowers :)
Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Sylvia xx

SARN (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

A wonderful card. Love the CAS design.

Hugs, sarn xxx

sandie said...

love the colouring of the flowers, think you did a pretty good job here! And the CAS design is fab x

Marybeth said...

Wonderful improvise ! The blue flowers and embossing look beautiful on this card. Nice work Cornelia!

Di said...

Really lovely card Cornelia - gorgeous colours too!

Hugs, Di xx

Di said...

Wo, absolutely beautiful Cornelia! LOVE the blues you used too.

Hugs, Di xx

steph said...

Love this - stunning. Thanks for joining us at OOzak.com

Kelly Griglione said...

Love the layered look you were going for! The Kaleidocolor is a great way to dress up a simple stamp like that too. Looks great, Cornelia. And thanks for joining the CAS-ual Friday Challenge!

Anita in France said...

Wow, this is stunning, Cornelia ... the shades of blue on each flower are gorgeous ... and I love the dimension! Anita :)

Nonni said...

Stunning card! I love the layout and blue tones!

Chrissie said...

This is simply terrific!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

scrappymo! said...

Stunning CAS card. The blue and white contrast is lovely.

Samantha Casey said...

So pretty! i love that blue color! Amazing job! Thanks for playing the Oozak Challenge!
-Samantha

Jingle said...

This is VERY pretty! Those flowers just look fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!