Skip to main content

Happy Holidays with a Silly Snowman

Hi Everyone,

I am in major Christmas card mood and I thought I give the color combo from JUGS a try. Its green, navy and purple. I could not upload the picture - ever since blogger changed I have a hard time with that. I am wondering if I am the only one who has problems.... Probably not.... 


I took the circle die from My Favorite Things out of hiding and added the jolly snowman from Funky Fossil Designs to the center. Colored him with navy and purple, but I couldn't resist giving him an orange nose.


This was super easy to make. Perhaps I'll make a few of them, in case my card stash won't be sufficient.

Happy Stamping!

Linking up with:
Just us Girls - green, navy and purple (sorry, couldn't upload the graphic)
Inkspirational - frame it (sorry, couldn't upload the graphic)
Send a Smile 4 Kids - Holiday (sorry, couldn't upload the graphic)



















 

Comments

Kate said…
Your snowman is adorable Cornelia! I actually saw purple carrots last Christmas, but the orange nose really did make it pop! I hope you and your family stay safe, hugs Kate!
Flo said…
Ich vermute mal, Dein Kartenvorrat ist übervoll und so viele Weihnachtskarten kannst Du im ganzen Leben nicht verbrauchen. Aber Karten sind auch sehr schöne persönliche Geschenke. Wenn ich zu viele davon im Vorrat habe, werden immer mal einige gebündelt und verschenkt.
Liebe Schneemannsgrüße
Super cute and fun with that snowman.
conil said…
I just love these snowmen and never thought of using purple to dress them...duh! Glad you educated me...this is a happy, fun, beautifully colored Christmas card.
Marlena M. said…
Adorable! I love that sentiment frame and beautiful coloring, Cornelia. Thank you for joining us at INk~
Sue VanDeVusse said…
I love that adorable snowman with his purple and blue striped scarf with the green happy holidays circle frame! Perfect use of our colors this week and awesome CAS design. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!
Lisa Kind said…
OMGosh this is so cute! I love that rotund snowman! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls.
Pia S said…
I love the die cut sentiment frame you've used. And the chubby snowman is really cute. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.
Anita in France said…
What a snuggly snowman all wrapped in his purply scarf, Cornelia ... he's fabulous in the green sentiment frame! Hugs, Anita :)

Popular posts from this blog

So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, Welcome to the So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop where funny and humorous Christmas cards take over! I am hopping along with Justine’s 12 Days of Christmas Series. If you haven’t checked it out yet, click here . Justine has been busy creating a dozen Christmas Card video tutorials to inspire you this holiday, and best of all there are prizes to be won every day. All you have to do to be eligible to win a $25 gift certificate is comment on each of the blogs! Good luck! We will pick two winners on November 9th! Here are my cards: For my first card I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder and embossed dark grey card stock. The cool deer I colored with Inktense pencils and fuzzy cut it. I stamped the Cool Yule sentiment onto aqua card stock and added white gel pen accents. Mounted everything onto a white card base. For my second card I used patterned paper as background. Added the die cuts (Santa and moose from Dixie Crafts, Winter Landscape die from Cut...

Topflight Stamps 4th Birthday

   Hi Everyone, It's  Topflight Stamps   4th birthday !  In order to celebrate, I’ve teamed up with some great designers to showcase birthday cards using the unique products available at Topflight Stamps. Please hop along with us and see all the beautiful talent from this group of amazing designers! You should have arrived here from the wonderfully talented  Jennie Atkinson blog. If not, no worries, catch the details below.  Of course a birthday card was in order. I made a gel press background with Fresco Chalk Paints (Aquamarine, Banana and Slimed). I used the cute set Party 2 from Craft Emotions and colored the critters with watercolors and markers. Fuzzy cut them and added them to my card. The sentiment is from Darkroom Door. Use code  F UNSTAMPING   to get 12% discount at  Topflight Stamps Follow along here and if you get lost you can always start at the Topflight Stamp Blog. Topflight Stamps Topflight Stamps Lisa Hoel Jennie Atk...

Coffee Lover Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, its Coffee Lovers blog hop time again - the theme is summer and coffee, of course! STAMPlorations is one of the sponsors and Shery (the owner) has fabulous coffee stamps in her shop! Time to ink them up! Used Kraft card stock and stenciled the coffee cup. Took the paper cup stamp and stamped it repeatedly over the stenciled cup and masked it. Colored them in rainbow colors - that's where summer comes in - most rainbows you are going to see during summer. Added the sentiment. My supplies:           Gone Postal , Bunnies 'N Beans , Latte Linking up with: Virginia's view - all about color One Layer Simplicity challenge - stencil   Happy Hopping!