Skip to main content

Winnie & Walter - Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I want to say THANKS to Winnie&Walter for enriching the stamping world with their wonderful products and providing endless inspiration from their fabulous DT, Leading Ladies posts and now for their fantastic Birthday Bash celebration!


This might not be my last card I made for the bash.... Trying to play with all inspirations. With this card I am joining in with the watercolor and gold inspiration by Heather.


Again, the stamp and die are W&W. Did some gold embossing and some water coloring. I also did an inlaid gold glitter paper die cut under the faintly water colored THANKS - wondering, if I could link it up with the inlaid die cutting feature by Mayuri....I think I will let Mayuri decide - she can kick me out, if she thinks I am stretching this too far. I do like the effect - that thin glitter gold "shadow"....

I you are wondering how I did those gold splatters - real easy - sprinkled water on the card, added embossing powder and heat embossed it.
Added the gold thread under the paper thanks and glittered up the thanks with Wink of Stella.

w&w_bb2ndb_challengefinal

Happy water coloring!

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is so pretty!! :)
conil said…
Oh my. This really is a winner in all categories. Love the splatter and the rich pink against that gold but my favorite it the way you've constructed the sentiment...spectacular.
Susanne Vargas said…
Habe diese Woche auch schon mit diesem Set gearbeitet. Lustigerweise hatte ich gestern eine ähnliche Idee mit diesem Stempel! Habe sie aber noch nicht umgesetzt! "Great minds think alike" ;)
Schaut super aus!
Virginia L. said…
Wunder scheon! love the pink with the gold. Fabulous composition and use of elements. The gold splatter create such a lovely effect. I totally agree with you about winnie & Walter :)
Anita in France said…
Gorgeous, Cornelia ... pink (in all it's hues) and gold are always so good together! Great tip for the splatter embossing, thanks! Hugs, Anita :)
cm said…
Swooning...that is all...just major swooning...
Hugs~c
Beautiful! Gorgeous technique on this! Thanks so much for playing along with my Gold and Watercolor Challenge at Winnie and Walter!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, Welcome to the So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop where funny and humorous Christmas cards take over! I am hopping along with Justine’s 12 Days of Christmas Series. If you haven’t checked it out yet, click here . Justine has been busy creating a dozen Christmas Card video tutorials to inspire you this holiday, and best of all there are prizes to be won every day. All you have to do to be eligible to win a $25 gift certificate is comment on each of the blogs! Good luck! We will pick two winners on November 9th! Here are my cards: For my first card I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder and embossed dark grey card stock. The cool deer I colored with Inktense pencils and fuzzy cut it. I stamped the Cool Yule sentiment onto aqua card stock and added white gel pen accents. Mounted everything onto a white card base. For my second card I used patterned paper as background. Added the die cuts (Santa and moose from Dixie Crafts, Winter Landscape die from Cut...

Topflight Stamps 4th Birthday

   Hi Everyone, It's  Topflight Stamps   4th birthday !  In order to celebrate, I’ve teamed up with some great designers to showcase birthday cards using the unique products available at Topflight Stamps. Please hop along with us and see all the beautiful talent from this group of amazing designers! You should have arrived here from the wonderfully talented  Jennie Atkinson blog. If not, no worries, catch the details below.  Of course a birthday card was in order. I made a gel press background with Fresco Chalk Paints (Aquamarine, Banana and Slimed). I used the cute set Party 2 from Craft Emotions and colored the critters with watercolors and markers. Fuzzy cut them and added them to my card. The sentiment is from Darkroom Door. Use code  F UNSTAMPING   to get 12% discount at  Topflight Stamps Follow along here and if you get lost you can always start at the Topflight Stamp Blog. Topflight Stamps Topflight Stamps Lisa Hoel Jennie Atk...

Coffee Lover Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, its Coffee Lovers blog hop time again - the theme is summer and coffee, of course! STAMPlorations is one of the sponsors and Shery (the owner) has fabulous coffee stamps in her shop! Time to ink them up! Used Kraft card stock and stenciled the coffee cup. Took the paper cup stamp and stamped it repeatedly over the stenciled cup and masked it. Colored them in rainbow colors - that's where summer comes in - most rainbows you are going to see during summer. Added the sentiment. My supplies:           Gone Postal , Bunnies 'N Beans , Latte Linking up with: Virginia's view - all about color One Layer Simplicity challenge - stencil   Happy Hopping!