JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Winnie & Walter - Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I want to say THANKS to Winnie&Walter for enriching the stamping world with their wonderful products and providing endless inspiration from their fabulous DT, Leading Ladies posts and now for their fantastic Birthday Bash celebration!


This might not be my last card I made for the bash.... Trying to play with all inspirations. With this card I am joining in with the watercolor and gold inspiration by Heather.


Again, the stamp and die are W&W. Did some gold embossing and some water coloring. I also did an inlaid gold glitter paper die cut under the faintly water colored THANKS - wondering, if I could link it up with the inlaid die cutting feature by Mayuri....I think I will let Mayuri decide - she can kick me out, if she thinks I am stretching this too far. I do like the effect - that thin glitter gold "shadow"....

I you are wondering how I did those gold splatters - real easy - sprinkled water on the card, added embossing powder and heat embossed it.
Added the gold thread under the paper thanks and glittered up the thanks with Wink of Stella.

w&w_bb2ndb_challengefinal

Happy water coloring!

7 comments:

*Vicki* said...

This is so pretty!! :)

conil said...

Oh my. This really is a winner in all categories. Love the splatter and the rich pink against that gold but my favorite it the way you've constructed the sentiment...spectacular.

Susanne Vargas said...

Habe diese Woche auch schon mit diesem Set gearbeitet. Lustigerweise hatte ich gestern eine ähnliche Idee mit diesem Stempel! Habe sie aber noch nicht umgesetzt! "Great minds think alike" ;)
Schaut super aus!

Virginia Lu said...

Wunder scheon! love the pink with the gold. Fabulous composition and use of elements. The gold splatter create such a lovely effect. I totally agree with you about winnie & Walter :)

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, Cornelia ... pink (in all it's hues) and gold are always so good together! Great tip for the splatter embossing, thanks! Hugs, Anita :)

cm said...

Swooning...that is all...just major swooning...
Hugs~c

Houses Built of Cards said...

Beautiful! Gorgeous technique on this! Thanks so much for playing along with my Gold and Watercolor Challenge at Winnie and Walter!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com