Skip to main content

Mix it Up February

Hi Everyone,

I am playing in the Ellen Hudson Mix it up challenge  - this time its Penny Black. Finally an incentive to pull out my neglected PB supplies.


I settled for the pretty sentiment and paired it up with Ellen Hudson stamps. Heat embossed the flowers in white and then stamped again with distress inks, after I misted the stamp with water. Used water color paper. Did some partial sponging and added water drops. In the end I also added Washi tape.


Banner-MIX-it

Also linking up with:

Comments

Hannelie said…
AWEsome effect! LOVE the colors!
!neke said…
One word !!!!
Beautiful !!!!

Ineke XX
Flo said…
Wowww!!! diese Karte sieht wieder mal wildverwegen aus.
Warum, kann ich nicht sagen, auf mich wirkt sie so.
Aber ich mag sie trotzdem - oder gerade deshalb???
Liebe Grüße
Susanne Vargas said…
Der Einsatz von Washi tape ist wirklich cool hier! Ich vergesse es meistens... Tolle Karte!
Mac Mable said…
A few techniques going on here and wow are they gorgeous ones. The colours and the feel of the card is fabulous. The balance and layout is beautiful. Thank you so much for your inspiration x
G Peplow said…
Gorgeous, fab washi tape too, all works beautifully together :D x
Rosmarie said…
Ein toller Mix und ein fantastisches Resultat!
conil said…
Holy moley. This is absolutley lovely. Your double stamping with the embossing is so effective...especially with the ink blending and water drops. Wow! And those little touches of washi just enhance the splendor so well.
shirley-bee said…
I think this is in my top three Cornelia cards! Love the double-stamping of the flowers, and the sponged, border and spritzing, and the card would have been lovely at that point. But the torn washi makes it look so arty. Love it!
cm said…
Wow, Cornelia, love the blue background for your preetty flowers...and those pops-of-colour washi tape placements are incredibly striking! Fan-tas-tic!
Hugs~c
papierelle said…
Sieht aus wie Schattenwirkung!! Toller Effekt!!
LG Gundi
Lorraine A said…
Gorgeous card Cornelia, the flowers are so pretty and I love the blue, absolutely fabulous and the strip of washi is a lovely design and a perfect finishing touch, LOVE it :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x
Monika Reeck said…
I adore that THANKS sentiment
and the pop of washi tape really great touch on your card
clever stamped two times that flower with white embossed and blue
graet card my dear friend
maria f. said…
Really like the shadow effect you achieved with the softer distress inks.
Anita in France said…
Gorgeous, Cornelia ... such lovely blooms ... the splash of colour from the washi tape is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)
Kim Heggins said…
Gorgeous...love that touch of Washi Tape!
Bobby said…
I love the shadow you gave the flowers by stamping them in the background color, Cornelia.

Popular posts from this blog

So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, Welcome to the So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop where funny and humorous Christmas cards take over! I am hopping along with Justine’s 12 Days of Christmas Series. If you haven’t checked it out yet, click here . Justine has been busy creating a dozen Christmas Card video tutorials to inspire you this holiday, and best of all there are prizes to be won every day. All you have to do to be eligible to win a $25 gift certificate is comment on each of the blogs! Good luck! We will pick two winners on November 9th! Here are my cards: For my first card I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder and embossed dark grey card stock. The cool deer I colored with Inktense pencils and fuzzy cut it. I stamped the Cool Yule sentiment onto aqua card stock and added white gel pen accents. Mounted everything onto a white card base. For my second card I used patterned paper as background. Added the die cuts (Santa and moose from Dixie Crafts, Winter Landscape die from Cut...

Topflight Stamps 4th Birthday

   Hi Everyone, It's  Topflight Stamps   4th birthday !  In order to celebrate, I’ve teamed up with some great designers to showcase birthday cards using the unique products available at Topflight Stamps. Please hop along with us and see all the beautiful talent from this group of amazing designers! You should have arrived here from the wonderfully talented  Jennie Atkinson blog. If not, no worries, catch the details below.  Of course a birthday card was in order. I made a gel press background with Fresco Chalk Paints (Aquamarine, Banana and Slimed). I used the cute set Party 2 from Craft Emotions and colored the critters with watercolors and markers. Fuzzy cut them and added them to my card. The sentiment is from Darkroom Door. Use code  F UNSTAMPING   to get 12% discount at  Topflight Stamps Follow along here and if you get lost you can always start at the Topflight Stamp Blog. Topflight Stamps Topflight Stamps Lisa Hoel Jennie Atk...

Coffee Lover Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, its Coffee Lovers blog hop time again - the theme is summer and coffee, of course! STAMPlorations is one of the sponsors and Shery (the owner) has fabulous coffee stamps in her shop! Time to ink them up! Used Kraft card stock and stenciled the coffee cup. Took the paper cup stamp and stamped it repeatedly over the stenciled cup and masked it. Colored them in rainbow colors - that's where summer comes in - most rainbows you are going to see during summer. Added the sentiment. My supplies:           Gone Postal , Bunnies 'N Beans , Latte Linking up with: Virginia's view - all about color One Layer Simplicity challenge - stencil   Happy Hopping!