Skip to main content

Water Scene Birthday Card

 Hi Everyone,

this card did not come together easily - I think it shows....

I wanted to play along with the AAA birthday challenge - the theme is "Under the Sea" and the Addicted to CAS Challenge - the theme is water. Not sure if this is CAS enough....but what does it matter? This is just for the fun of it all. 


I finally get to use that super cute whittle hippo from Memory Box and his little water friends. 
I made a water color background with Brusho ultramarine. Die cut all those creatures. Added the sentiment (also Memory box). Splashed water drops onto the background. Had a strip of ancient patterned paper lying around and added it as border to my panel. Put everything together. 

Not entirely happy with this, but it is, what it is....
Maybe you like it better.....
Thanks for visiting. 
Happy Stamping!

Linking up with:
AAA Birthday - under the Sea





Comments

!neke said…
Cornelia . I love it !!!!!
groeten Ineke
Flo said…
Ein Hippo mit Schwimmreifen! Wenn das so ist, sollte es sich überlegen, das wasser vielleicht zu meiden??? oder nur in Pfützen baden???
conil said…
If it's not CAS enough for them, who cares? It's so cute with the whittle hippo bobbing around with his/her inner tube and all the other water critters.

Popular posts from this blog

So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, Welcome to the So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop where funny and humorous Christmas cards take over! I am hopping along with Justine’s 12 Days of Christmas Series. If you haven’t checked it out yet, click here . Justine has been busy creating a dozen Christmas Card video tutorials to inspire you this holiday, and best of all there are prizes to be won every day. All you have to do to be eligible to win a $25 gift certificate is comment on each of the blogs! Good luck! We will pick two winners on November 9th! Here are my cards: For my first card I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder and embossed dark grey card stock. The cool deer I colored with Inktense pencils and fuzzy cut it. I stamped the Cool Yule sentiment onto aqua card stock and added white gel pen accents. Mounted everything onto a white card base. For my second card I used patterned paper as background. Added the die cuts (Santa and moose from Dixie Crafts, Winter Landscape die from Cut...

Topflight Stamps 4th Birthday

   Hi Everyone, It's  Topflight Stamps   4th birthday !  In order to celebrate, I’ve teamed up with some great designers to showcase birthday cards using the unique products available at Topflight Stamps. Please hop along with us and see all the beautiful talent from this group of amazing designers! You should have arrived here from the wonderfully talented  Jennie Atkinson blog. If not, no worries, catch the details below.  Of course a birthday card was in order. I made a gel press background with Fresco Chalk Paints (Aquamarine, Banana and Slimed). I used the cute set Party 2 from Craft Emotions and colored the critters with watercolors and markers. Fuzzy cut them and added them to my card. The sentiment is from Darkroom Door. Use code  F UNSTAMPING   to get 12% discount at  Topflight Stamps Follow along here and if you get lost you can always start at the Topflight Stamp Blog. Topflight Stamps Topflight Stamps Lisa Hoel Jennie Atk...

Coffee Lover Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, its Coffee Lovers blog hop time again - the theme is summer and coffee, of course! STAMPlorations is one of the sponsors and Shery (the owner) has fabulous coffee stamps in her shop! Time to ink them up! Used Kraft card stock and stenciled the coffee cup. Took the paper cup stamp and stamped it repeatedly over the stenciled cup and masked it. Colored them in rainbow colors - that's where summer comes in - most rainbows you are going to see during summer. Added the sentiment. My supplies:           Gone Postal , Bunnies 'N Beans , Latte Linking up with: Virginia's view - all about color One Layer Simplicity challenge - stencil   Happy Hopping!