JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Stamp Connection #31

Hi Everyone,

Connected through our love for card making, blogging and being from Germany we (Tanja from Little Art Cottage and I) decided to create a monthly project within predefined requirements. We are going to show you the result every 3rd Sunday of the month and this is our ninth transatlantic get-together!

This time it was my turn to pick the requirements:
faux letter press


Jennifer McGuire recently made a video about this technique and I ever since wanted to try it out. But let me tell you - its not as easy as it looks like and I have no desire to ever do this again.....
After I ruined several water color papers I finally got to the point where it became acceptable...


My main issue was with the water color paper cracking. You can see it started to do that, but I figured enough is enough.

I used the Cutplorations Christmas die for this. I gave up on faux letter pressing a die cut sentiment and just stamped it - also from STAMPlorations and added red gems. I actually ran the paper through my Big Shot to fix the cracks, but let me tell you - you have to do that before you add those gems....(they crack, too - just sayin'....)
The card also needed some Washi tape and black splatters. 


Not one of the cards I am really proud of, but at this point I can live with it. And somebody will get it for Christmas.... any takers????

Don't forget to check out  Tanja's artwork!


Linking up with:

Cardz 4 Guys - Christmas Tree
Christmas Card Challenges - anything Christmas goes

Cardz 4 Guyz Logo



7 comments:

Tanja said...

Du sollst doch nicht ohne Kommentar von mir bleiben ... ich finde die Karte trotz aller Probleme, die Du geschildert hast sehr schön ... auch wenn das Faux Letterpressing nicht Deine Lieblingstechnik wird :o)

Flo said...

Der Weihnachtsbaum ist klasse!!!
Vor allem die Farbübergänge gefallen mir sehr gut.
Aber - mir fehlt eine dieser Grinsekatzen *lach*
Na, es muss ja auch mal "gediegen" Karten geben.
Liebe Grüße - Montagsgrüße

Anita in France said...

Festive and fun, Cornelia ... the faux letterpress look is fabulous on the tree ... even if it did test your patience! I'm always more than happy to receive one of your cards! Hugs, Anita :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

So fabulous and very festive looking Christmas card design. I love that funky tree!

conil said...

Truth is, it looks pretty darn wonderful. Though it was a pain in your neck, the outcome is terrific.

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!
Monica - CCC DT

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

I'm so glad you kept trying because your card is amazing! I really like it! Thank you for sharing it with us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Cyndi, DT