Skip to main content

Funky Fossil Designs - Snarky birthday Card

    Hi Everyone,

The new January release is now in the shop at Funky Fossil Designs! 
This card I made with the Prehistoric set. I used the Trilobite. Here are some interesting facts (from Wikipedia):
Trilobites form one of the earliest-known groups of arthropods. The first appearance of trilobites in the fossil record was in the early Cambrian period 521 million years ago. The last extant trilobites finally disappeared in the mass extinction at the end of the Permian about 252 million years ago. Trilobites were among the most successful of all early animals, existing in oceans for almost 270 million years, with over 20,000 species having been described.
I took the Trilobite, inked it up first with Versamark and then Versafine and stamped it. Heat embossed it in clear and sponged rainbow colors around it. Fossils can be colorful as well, why not? The sentiments are from the same set. also added water splatters.

I hope you had a chance to check out this new release. It not only included several new stamp sets, but also new dies, Washi tape and a fantastic paper pad. 
Happy Stamping!

Linking up with:




Comments

Flo said…
Von diesen Tieren habe ich noch nie gehört. Aber man kann ja aucxh nicht alle Tiere dieser Welt kennen und die, die es schon nicht mehr gibt erst recht nicht.
Hauptsache, Du hast dieses Wesen gut auf Deiner Karte plaziert - und das hast Du. Sogar der Hintergrund ist passend.
LG Flo
conil said…
Snarky fossils...I love it. It fits my personality. You did an outstanding job blending that rainbow and I'm crazy about the sentiment.

Popular posts from this blog

So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, Welcome to the So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop where funny and humorous Christmas cards take over! I am hopping along with Justine’s 12 Days of Christmas Series. If you haven’t checked it out yet, click here . Justine has been busy creating a dozen Christmas Card video tutorials to inspire you this holiday, and best of all there are prizes to be won every day. All you have to do to be eligible to win a $25 gift certificate is comment on each of the blogs! Good luck! We will pick two winners on November 9th! Here are my cards: For my first card I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder and embossed dark grey card stock. The cool deer I colored with Inktense pencils and fuzzy cut it. I stamped the Cool Yule sentiment onto aqua card stock and added white gel pen accents. Mounted everything onto a white card base. For my second card I used patterned paper as background. Added the die cuts (Santa and moose from Dixie Crafts, Winter Landscape die from Cut...

Topflight Stamps 4th Birthday

   Hi Everyone, It's  Topflight Stamps   4th birthday !  In order to celebrate, I’ve teamed up with some great designers to showcase birthday cards using the unique products available at Topflight Stamps. Please hop along with us and see all the beautiful talent from this group of amazing designers! You should have arrived here from the wonderfully talented  Jennie Atkinson blog. If not, no worries, catch the details below.  Of course a birthday card was in order. I made a gel press background with Fresco Chalk Paints (Aquamarine, Banana and Slimed). I used the cute set Party 2 from Craft Emotions and colored the critters with watercolors and markers. Fuzzy cut them and added them to my card. The sentiment is from Darkroom Door. Use code  F UNSTAMPING   to get 12% discount at  Topflight Stamps Follow along here and if you get lost you can always start at the Topflight Stamp Blog. Topflight Stamps Topflight Stamps Lisa Hoel Jennie Atk...

Coffee Lover Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, its Coffee Lovers blog hop time again - the theme is summer and coffee, of course! STAMPlorations is one of the sponsors and Shery (the owner) has fabulous coffee stamps in her shop! Time to ink them up! Used Kraft card stock and stenciled the coffee cup. Took the paper cup stamp and stamped it repeatedly over the stenciled cup and masked it. Colored them in rainbow colors - that's where summer comes in - most rainbows you are going to see during summer. Added the sentiment. My supplies:           Gone Postal , Bunnies 'N Beans , Latte Linking up with: Virginia's view - all about color One Layer Simplicity challenge - stencil   Happy Hopping!