JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Bubble Wrap

Hi Everyone,

I had to play with bubble wrap as part of Darnell's NBUS challenge! It was always something on my to do list, but I never got around to actually do it... Thankfully Darnell gave me the necessary push!



For both cards I used a NBUS set from Papertrey called Zappy Birthday and of course bubble wrap. For the first card I dripped alcohol ink on bubble wrap and stamped it off and for the second card I waited for it to dry. Pierced all those bubbles to flatten them out and adhered my sentiments/arrow to the plastic. 


I have a third card in the making - not sure, if I get it done before the challenge closes...

Also linking up with :
Seize the Birthday - anything birthday



 

Happy Bubble Wrap Day!

9 comments:

Marianne said...

Such fun cards, Cornelia. I haven't tried this yet but it's on my to do list as well, since seeing Darnell's amazing creations.

Daen'Ys said...

Oh, ich hab die erste Variante auch schon mal vesucht aber da kam nichts zeigbares heraus. haha
Du hast das viel besser hinbekommen!! - Bin gespannt auf die dritte ;)

Greta said...

Fun, modern card, Cornelia! Not sure my trials will get made into cards--fun, though!

Kim Heggins said...

So much fun! Never thought to use bubble wrap on my cards, but very clever. I have an entire roll in my classroom, we use it for art projects all time! Adorable.

conil said...

Oh brother, did you ever ace this bubble wrap challenge. It looks so terrific on your cards. Mine was a complete disaster.

TaeEun said...

Stamping with bubble wrap?!! How fun! The retro color combo with pop of magenta looks cool on the first card and the second card looks like a work of modern art! Thank you for joining at Seize the Birthday, Cornelia!

cm said...

Bubble wrap brilliant! I wonder if I have any...need to join the fun!
Hugs~c

Darnell said...

You rocked the bubble wrap art, Cornelia! How fun that you always wanted to give it a try! The comic book elements of both your cards work perfectly with the background! I love that you decorated the actual bubble wrap in your second one!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #10 and joining in the optional theme!! Hugs, Darnell

Jutta said...

Awesome cards, love what you created with bubble wrap. I've used it to stamp texture on paper but never thought to use the wrap itself.