Skip to main content

Katzelkraft - Smile when it's Raining

    Hi Everyone,

I am back with my weekly Katzelkraft post. I got inspired by Sandy Allnock for my card design. 



I stamped the umbrella first. I masked off the space under the umbrella and sponged around it with distress oxide inks. I stamped the  rain (Impression Obsession) twice - once with and once without the mask. I colored the meerkats and fuzzy cut them. Sponged the masked off area and directly applied inks to the bottom to create some ground. Added some water splatters. Added the meerkats. Trimmed off the card and mounted it on a white card base.


The stamps I used are from the following sets:

Les Suricates - KTZ 216, Smile when its Raining - Solo158 (FRANCE)
Meerkats - KTZ216, Smile when its Raining - Solo158 (USA)

Hope you liked this - I'll be back next Wednesday with more Katzelkraft inspiration. In the meantime I wish you a Happy New Year and all the best for 2021!


If you feel the urge to buy any Katzelkraft products, you can also order them in the US from those companies: Topflight Stamps, Lost Coast Designs, or Frantic Stamper. 

Use code FUNSTAMPING to get 12% discount at Topflight Stamps.

Happy Stamping!

Linking up with:

Shopping our Stash- What's new with you? 
(combined a new stamp - umbrella with old stamps - rain and meerkats)
Try it on Tuesday - uplifting quote
Male Room Challenge - anything goes
Simon Says Wednesday challenge - something new (new stamp)



















  

Comments

Flo said…
Ach, wie schön!!!
Leider ist bis heute keine Weihnachtskarte von Dir hier eingetrudelt. Vielleicht zum nächsten Weihnachtsfest hat sie es hierher geschafft???
LG Flo
That is cute and I like the sentiment. Today we are having freezing rain. That’s not good.
conil said…
Well, it's about to rain again here and we need it and I am smiling from ear to ear because I saw your fantastic card. Still not quite sure how you managed it without using a mask, but since those meerkats are so happy we all know it worked.
AndrejaL said…
What a beautiful masculine card you made :-))
Thanks for joining us at the The Male Room Craft Challenge ❤️ Hope to see you at the next challenge, too.
Marjut said…
Fantastic! Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
Such a fabulous cards design! Love the cute critters and your wording is so uplifting - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x
Danni Reid said…
Oh wow, such a cool card, beautiful work!
Goga said…
Fantastic and funny card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room. Goga
Cathy said…
Awesome card Cornelia! You really bring those meercats to life :) Cathy x
Helen said…
What a great design and a fantastic sentiment too.

Thanks for joining us at The Male Room Challenge.

Helen x

Popular posts from this blog

So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, Welcome to the So Suzy Stamps Snarky Blog Hop where funny and humorous Christmas cards take over! I am hopping along with Justine’s 12 Days of Christmas Series. If you haven’t checked it out yet, click here . Justine has been busy creating a dozen Christmas Card video tutorials to inspire you this holiday, and best of all there are prizes to be won every day. All you have to do to be eligible to win a $25 gift certificate is comment on each of the blogs! Good luck! We will pick two winners on November 9th! Here are my cards: For my first card I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder and embossed dark grey card stock. The cool deer I colored with Inktense pencils and fuzzy cut it. I stamped the Cool Yule sentiment onto aqua card stock and added white gel pen accents. Mounted everything onto a white card base. For my second card I used patterned paper as background. Added the die cuts (Santa and moose from Dixie Crafts, Winter Landscape die from Cut...

Topflight Stamps 4th Birthday

   Hi Everyone, It's  Topflight Stamps   4th birthday !  In order to celebrate, I’ve teamed up with some great designers to showcase birthday cards using the unique products available at Topflight Stamps. Please hop along with us and see all the beautiful talent from this group of amazing designers! You should have arrived here from the wonderfully talented  Jennie Atkinson blog. If not, no worries, catch the details below.  Of course a birthday card was in order. I made a gel press background with Fresco Chalk Paints (Aquamarine, Banana and Slimed). I used the cute set Party 2 from Craft Emotions and colored the critters with watercolors and markers. Fuzzy cut them and added them to my card. The sentiment is from Darkroom Door. Use code  F UNSTAMPING   to get 12% discount at  Topflight Stamps Follow along here and if you get lost you can always start at the Topflight Stamp Blog. Topflight Stamps Topflight Stamps Lisa Hoel Jennie Atk...

Coffee Lover Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, its Coffee Lovers blog hop time again - the theme is summer and coffee, of course! STAMPlorations is one of the sponsors and Shery (the owner) has fabulous coffee stamps in her shop! Time to ink them up! Used Kraft card stock and stenciled the coffee cup. Took the paper cup stamp and stamped it repeatedly over the stenciled cup and masked it. Colored them in rainbow colors - that's where summer comes in - most rainbows you are going to see during summer. Added the sentiment. My supplies:           Gone Postal , Bunnies 'N Beans , Latte Linking up with: Virginia's view - all about color One Layer Simplicity challenge - stencil   Happy Hopping!