JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

AEI♥U Challenge – Paper Piecing


Hi, I am playing in the AEI♥U Challenge - the theme is Paper Piecing.


I pulled out one of my favorite Avery Elle sets - Rounded Diamonds and stamped on patterned paper, cutting out the same stamp at different sizes - the largest petals are the entire stamp. I just love the patterns you can create with this stamp! The sentiment is also by Avery Elle - All Squared Up


I mounted the outer parts of the petals with foam tape, gluing the inner parts to the card stock. That gives it some outward dimension, although you can not see this in the picture. Punched a little circle from the red paper and added it for balance.
I like how this turned out!

Challenge 20

Happy stamping my friends!

14 comments:

aufspapiergebracht said...

Was für eine tolle Idee, das Set schlummert auch in meinem Keller, dass muss wohl dringend entstaubt werden.
GlG Elisabeth

*Vicki* said...

Really stunning here my friend!! I always love the colors you use!! :)

Flo said...

Ein wunderbares Stempelset mit tollen Farben zur Super-Karte gestaltet.
Liebe Grüße,
Flo

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE this design! One of my favorite sets and colors! Hugs!

Anita in France said...

So wonderfully graphic and striking, Cornelia ... the blend of colours and patterns is fabulous! Anita :)

cm said...

Cornelia: show-stopping, bowl-me-over, knock-out of a card! The papers, the piecing, the CAS style...swooning!
Hugs~c

Miriam Prantner said...

I love this! Fantastic piecing and such a great geometric design!

Nina-Marie Trapani said...

This is a totally awesome card! I love how the colors just stand off the white paper... the bold patterns are beautifully paired together!
Nina-Marie :)

Claire said...

I do love this stamp set - what a great way to use it..love the big, bold pattern you've created with the dp

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...wonderful use of these fun stamps. I love your bright colors too...just so sweet.

Monika Reeck said...

cool paper piecing love the pink in the middle of green...this is a winner card in my eye...
happy Sunda Cornelia..just try to catch up..was so busy mit meiner neue Job...LG

Houses Built of Cards said...

Wow! What a stunning card! The layers and colors are fabulous!!! Thanks so much for joining us at AEI{heart}U Challenge!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

beth opel said...

Beautiful!!! Sehr schön!!

Lorraine Marasigan said...

Oooh, nice job! Love the colors and the modern feel of this card. Thanks for playing along with us at the AEI♥U Challenge. Hope to see you again:)