JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Monday, April 7, 2014

CASE study #185 and Hello to three new Members!

I have not done this in a really long time - please excuse me, I know its sooooo overdue!
I had three new members join my blog! Thank you so much. Its lovely to have you here. I hope you visit often and like what you see. And now in the order of joining:

Anne-Marie 
(so sorry could not find a link, but I will edit it in if you can give me one)

Both Miriam and Hannelie have fantastic blogs - if you don't know them already, head on over and admire their work!

And as customary I have a welcome picture for you:

exquisite detail in carved egg shells by Beth Magnuson

Those eggs are by Beth Magnusen. Some of her eggs were exhibited at a small museum near where I live. Her carvings are just amazing. I normally show my own pictures here, but I took this picture from the internet, as my own did not come out so well - the reflecting glass case wrecked my pictures....


--X--


I think I have played only once in the CASE study so far......I may change that....this beautiful card by the awesome Jaclyn Miller just spoke to me....



Tonight I finally had an idea how to make my own version of it. I used the Papertrey Big Vases dies and made my own stencil and then sponged three of the four vases partially onto white card stock.



The flowers are by STAMPlorations- Eclectic Florals, the setiment is also STAMPlorations- Art Deco Border Builders. The stems I just drew in with pencil. Added a Paper Candy as accent.

Here is a photo of my "stencil"



I'm also  adding this card to the Moxie Fab STENCIL challenge
to Keep it Simple - Stencil
and to Virginia's View challenge - its stencils there too.....
And just for the fun of it I'm linking this with the STAMPlorations April challenge - since sponging is another one of my favorite techniques....


13 comments:

Virginia Lu said...

So CAS and so perfect! Way to use those PTI dies as stencils! The grey shading on the vases is awesome, Cornelia! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View challenge!

aileen (mum) said...

Brilliant way to use the negatives of the die cuts. Hope I spell this correctly 'superb' mmmm doesnt look right but it was the best way to describe your card.

Monika Reeck said...

wooow Cornelia..stunning...I love this..the vases really lovely colored...looks like you painted it...great and adorable card...Love love love this my dear Friend...LG, deine Monika

Susanne Vargas said...

Your partially sponged vases with your homemade stencil are brilliant!

Julie said...

Lovely card and a great technique.

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card Cornelia...just beautiful! I love how you made those fabulous vases...so creative!

Darnell J Knauss said...

I think the first time is the charm, Cornelia! This is a winner if I ever saw one!! Hugs, Darnell

scrappymo! said...

Great idea to use the dies as a stencil! Brilliant thinking.
Your card is so pretty.

Hannelie said...

Hi Cornelia!
Thanks for the welcome note!
Sorry for taking a while to respond... I only returned late last night from holiday!

wienerhoneymooners said...

CONGRATS you Moxie Fabber you!!!! Great job, Love the shading effect!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

WTG on your MOXIE FAB WIN! Awesome CASE'd card!!

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on your Moxie Fab win! I love how you created your own stencils and the subtle shading on the vases!

Sherrie M. said...

I don't know how I missed this the first time on your blog. But WOW, WOW, WOW. This is amazing. Love how your vases look. Nicely done.